It is recommended that you apply for your membership, successfully complete the Ethics Exam, followed by completing a certification application.
To join and pay for CIPS membership see: www.cips.ca/membership and make sure to select CIPS Saskatchewan from the selection list.
Successful completion of the CIPS Ethics Exam is required for all applicants who have not graduated from a CIPS accredited program A list of CIPS Accredited programs can be found at www.cips.ca/accreditation
The CIPS Ethics Exam can be found at: https://exam.cipsresources.ca
Current processing time is approximately 3-9 months*
*While we target to process applications in 3 – 4 months, the actual time to process an application may be longer based on the number of applications received.
Applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received.
Ready to complete a certification application?
Once you have determined which designation you qualify for use the CIPS Certification Wizard to determine the best application route that suits your IT Experience and Education background: www.cips.ca/CertificationWizard
Make sure to review the criteria at the following sites to help you decide which certification applies to your education and work experience.
I.S.P. criteria: www.cips.ca/isp
ITCP criteria: www.cips.ca/itcp
Do you think you may qualify for the AITP or Candidate, if so, please visit the following links and review the criteria (AITP if for recent graduates of an IT degree with little to no work experience).
Once you know which certification you qualify for, please proceed to the site below and complete the certification application for the recommended route.
The step-by-step application process and links to our various application forms can be found at: www.cips.ca/CertificationApplications
Please start by thoroughly reviewing the application to make sure of the requirements as this may help to answer any questions you may have.
If the chosen certification route requires an assessment of international education, a course by course education equivalency assessment is required.
If you currently have a degree assessment (international education), you may ask for a course by course upgrade.
If your certification is a requirement of SINP application, please inform SINP of our estimated processing time.
Certification application payment:
If you are granted certified member status in CIPS you are required to maintain your certified status by renewing your membership annually and also by re-certifying every three years.
Visit www.cips.ca/recertification for information on the CIPS re-certification process. There is no fee other than your annual membership dues for re-certification. Failure to meet either one of these requirements will result in the loss of your certification status.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do you require an education credential assessment for international degrees?
- The list of recognized Canadian academic credential assessment services for course-by-course analysis and a statement of equivalency can be found in the certification application.
Once I obtain the course-by-course assessment certificate what will be the next step?
- If the specific route requires a course by course assessment you may submit that request and then while you wait for the assessment, you may complete the membership application and the certification application.
Is the completion oftheCIPS Ethics Exam mandatory?
- Yes, it is mandatory. The Ethics exam can be found at: https://exam.cipsresources.ca
What are we looking for when we ask for references for last 2 years?
- Your reference letter validates your roles and responsibilities for the last 24 months.
- Direct contact information for the person signing the letter is required.
- The reference letter does not necessarily need to be a “company letter”.
- The reference letter is meant to come from a source such as a Manager you reported to, or a colleague that worked at the same level as you or could even come from a client you served (the source of your reference letter needs to identify in the letter your work relationship to the source of your reference letter).
Is there a course outline for the I.S.P certificate?
- There is no course outline, it is an application.
Do I have to pay both the membership fee and the certification fee?
- Yes, you must pay for both.
If you still have questions please have a look at our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page.