Debra Lawrence Scholarship Award
The Debra Lawrence Scholarship Award was established through the generosity of her husband, Doug Lawrence. Doug was the Public Appointee CIPS Saskatchewan Board Member from 2016 – 2022. During his time with CIPS Saskatchewan, Doug was instrumental in setting up the Mentorship program, that has been active since 2018. Doug remains an active volunteer on the Mentorship Committee.
It is an honour for CIPS Saskatchewan to facilitate the scholarships at the University of Saskatchewan and Saskatchewan Polytechnic.
The Debra Lawrence Award is intended to recognize and reward students who have achieved high academic standing and have financial need.
Program and campus designation(s)
• Business Information Systems program – Year 2, Semester 3 or 4 at Saskatchewan Polytechnic Regina campus, or
• Computer Systems Technology program, Year 2 at Saskatchewan Polytechnic Saskatoon campus.
One $500 scholarship award per year.
• To be eligible to receive the Debra Lawrence Award, a student must:
• be enrolled full-time in the Business Information Systems program – Year 2, Semester 3 or 4 at Saskatchewan Polytechnic Regina campus, or the Computer Systems Technology program, Year 2 at Saskatchewan Polytechnic Saskatoon campus.
This award will be listed from October 1 to November 15 each year.
University of Saskatchewan
The University of Saskatchewan is pleased to offer a scholarship in honour of Debra Lawrence, this award is intended to reward students in the Computer Science program who are in their last year of studies.
The Debra Lawrence Scholarship Award to be distributed from the Computer Science Fund for Excellence, supported through an annual donation from CIPS Saskatchewan on behalf of Doug Lawrence.
Designations and Eligibility Restrictions:
• Open to 4th year undergraduate students in the Department of Computer Science.
• To be eligible, students must demonstrate financial need.
• Selection to be based on academic achievement and financial need.